Drupal - Back to Basics Challenge
You can go a long way using Drupal core, contributed modules and themes. But just how far? Let's find out.
The Drupal Back to Basics Challenge is an exploration of building a Drupal website without any custom code. Pick a project to work on over the next month. Maybe that blog you've meant to start since forever or a small website for that organization you know could use it. Keep your Drupal tool bag of modules and templates in the closet.
- Use the current version of Drupal (8.4.x)
- Use any core and experimental modules
- Limit yourself to four additional contributed modules
- No custom code
- Use contributed or Drupal provided theme
- No additional theming (this is a hard one)
What did you learn from this challenge?
- What did you have success with and what did you struggle with?
- What decisions had to be made when selecting four additional contributed modules?
- What did you learn?
- What could be improved in the Drupal world to make the challenge easier?
Share Your Results:
If you are not local, share your results via e-mail with email@example.com by March 14. John, Nic and I will discuss your results during a March episode of Talking Drupal.